Tuesday 18 November 2014

Dont be the girl that everyone talks about at work tomorrow...

The kind words of advice from my mother last year.. She clearly knows me too well!
But, as the Christmas season is quickly gaining on us, I have put together 3 easy and affordable looks for those highly anticipated works doos! This year I will be going to my works famous XPU (Xmas piss up) which entails a free bar, therefore I can imagine things escalating rather quickly. Since there will be a lot of people I have never met, and people of all ages, I have decided to play it safe and wear a jumpsuit. There are 3 things I have noticed that are trending this party season:
1. Sequin
2. Silk
3. Velvet
So below are 1 of each that would be equally suitable for making a good impression on the boss but affordable too as I'm sure we are all on a tight budget with all the presents we are obliged to buy!
The jumpsuit I am wearing is from MissGuided, it has is strappy and crosses over at the front. It is Ox-blood red and made from silk! An absolute treat to wear as its comfortable but the silk gives it a more expensive look. This is £29.99 on the website but I got it for 20% off with promotion code PARTYTIME. I have paired it together with a gold plated belt and strappy black heels.
(please ignore my greasy mop on all of these pictures)
 
The next look is a bit more casual and punky. This super cute velvet skater dress is from Topshop for around £20 but I have seen it pretty much everywhere. I teamed it with my brand new beautiful chunky black boots from MissGuided which are perfect for winter because you can stick a pair of socks on with them and they were only around £35! I'd also wear a choker necklace with this and dark make up in keeping with the outfit. (and big knickers because England is ridiculously windy!)
 
The final look is what every girl loves.. SEQUINS! I actually got this little number 2 years ago from Topshop  for around £50. I love the Peter Pan collar on this dress, it helps to keep it a bit more sophisticated. Sequins is everywhere at the moment for example, there is a gorgeous black sequin skater dress on www.misspap.co.uk or beautiful gold low plunging dress on www.eternalclothing.co.uk .. Keep sequins simple with nude heels and minima make-up.. Let the sequins do the talking, great to stand out from the crowd!!
 
Remember, for your works doos to ensure everything is securely tucked in.. It is one party you definitely don't want any boobies falling out at!!

No comments:

Post a Comment