Tuesday 5 May 2015

Festival Season is coming...

My favorite time of the year is fast approaching and I am SO excited! Festival after festival. I remember my first one, Leeds 2011. One of the best weekends of my entire life. BUT as I was loosing my festival virginity, I wasn't entirely sure what the dress code was, so, I thought I would put this little blog together to give you guys a bit of festival inspo for all weather and all genres. There are also some of my handy festival survival tips which are pretty useful, as I had to learn it the hard way.
(PS please dont be mad but I cant remember where alot of these pieces are from!)

I wore this 1 for a Jurassic 5 gig last year (the cool kids will know!).. You can get great mesh tops from Hot!Mess clothing. Chokers are always a winner with trainers for comfort!



 I vaguely resemble a cyclist here.. Fish netted crop top gave the look a bit more "edge" and I chopped up a pair of tights to wear under my shorts.

Checked shirts are a must.. Get something with a longer sleeve so when its a bit colder you are warm but if it gets hot you can tie it round your waist

Decided to put my running top on for this look and here's a little example of what I said above! (All black evrrrrythang)

This leotard is LIFE. But, unfortunatley its not mine, I borrowed it from a friend but she got it from a charity shop, absolute steal! I also adore platform sandals, they can give any look a summery feel

For those colder and wetter days, ensure you invest in a waterproof! I opted for this colourful 80s bomber from ASOS marketplace

Festival tips
1. If you don't have a waterproof then invest in a clear poncho, normally around £5 but you would be amazed at how warm and dry they keep you AND you can still see your outfit
2. Jelly and tomato ketchup butties will keep you going and cure any hangover. Also light to travel with!
3. Take your own toilet roll, the public ones can get filthy and extra loo roll is going so you don't have to make physical contact with the toilet
4. Camel packs. If you want to do it cheaper, then take a camel pack, fill it with alcohol and hide it under a baggy top! 2 litres of wine to keep you going all day
5. And finally, make sure your outfit is on point



No comments:

Post a Comment